Any opportunity to watch an interview with Buck O’Neil is always a treat, and this is no exception. I really love how Buck talks about Jackie Robinson in this, and the interview as a whole is so enjoyable.
This is pretty fun, so I thought I’d change things up just a little bit this morning. It’s been years since I watched any Letterman (I’ve never been a real night person, even while the show was running), but I always found the top ten lists amusing.
Top Ten Things Babe Ruth Would Say If He Were Alive Today:
10. “You call this a baseball team? Where are all the fat guys?”
9. “Yo quiero Taco Bell!”
8. “All right, who’s the son-of-a-bitch who named a candy bar after me?”
7. “All right, who’s the son-of-a-bitch who named a talking pig after me?”
6. “Hell, if that’s the case, I would have been impeached from the Yankees 500 times.”
5. “I won’t play unless I’m paid one hundred thousand dollars a year!”
4. “I can’t believe all these naked photos of me on the internet.”
3. “I’ve just come back from the dead – so can’t Denny’s give me a free meal?”
2. “Yeah, I’d like to see McGwire hit 60 home runs drunk off his ass!”
1. “Steinbrenner sucks.”